White Siberia 1.0 – The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot iOS Collection
BCNmultimedia today introduces White Siberia 1.0, the first title of their iOS app collection, The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot. Players help Naomi and Boris the Pilot overcome challenges they encounter during their adventures by solving a puzzle. These puzzles are educational learning games that improve the player’s skills of observation, memory, logic, orientation, language, and music. Targeted for kids ages 6 years and older, each portion of the story is told through by an animated film.
BCNmultimedia today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of White Siberia 1.0, the first title of their iOS app collection, The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot. Players help Naomi and Boris the Pilot overcome challenges they encounter during their adventures by solving a puzzle. These puzzles are educational learning games that improve the player’s skills of observation, memory, logic, orientation, language, and music. Targeted for kids ages 6 years and older, there are a total of 8 apps in The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot series.
In White Siberia, Naomi and Boris the Pilot have to make an emergency landing somewhere in the barren evergreen forests of Siberia. Unfortunately, they fall into the hands of a suspicious group of pirates operating an underground gold mine. Players must solve puzzles to help Naomi and Boris the Pilot escape the pirates and return to civilization.
- 1st title of 8 iOS app series collection: The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot
- Engaging and easy-to-use User Interface
- 24 educational games that test observation, memory, logic, orientation, language, and music
- Games are seamlessly integrated and correspond to animated storyline
- 4 levels of 6 games each
- Each level is introduced by a fun and exciting cartoon movie
- Games depend on reflection and observation rather than speed or skill
- Specifically designed for children ages 6 years old and up
- Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
- Ability to play games offline (access to the Internet is required to view movies)
The White Siberia adventure is divided into 24 parts corresponding to 24 squares of the board. Each part begins with an animated film that tells a portion of the story up until Naomi and Boris the Pilot experience some kind of difficulty. The player must solve a puzzle to help Naomi and the Pilot overcome their difficulty and for the story to continue and game to advance.
The player is given three opportunities to solve each puzzle, represented by 3 hearts on the screen. Players who solve the puzzle without losing any hearts win a heart that glows in the box for that game. If the player fails to solve the puzzle during all three opportunities, the adventure cannot continue and they have to repeat the game. If the player fails the same game a second time, Naomi offers the choice to repeat the game again or advance to the next field without solving the puzzle.
The adventure contains 4 levels of 6 games each. The last box of each level has a secret message that must be decrypted by keys that the player has collected during each of the level’s previous games. Each time the players picks up a key, a yellow light bulb lights up over their square on the board. If the player has not picked up the key, they can return to that square’s puzzle and play again.
When the game is solved, Naomi’s piece advances to the next square on the game board and the film continues. The puzzles are designed to rely upon observation and reflection rather than speed and skill. However, if the player solves the puzzle within a certain time, they are awarded the clock achievement and a clock icon appears on the board. Users can repeat any game they have already played and attempt to collect all hearts, clocks, and light bulbs.
As an educational resource, the puzzles featured in White Siberia offer players an opportunity to develop a variety of skills including:
- Observation: Games to stimulate concentration and sustained attention.
- Memory: Games to develop the ability to remember visual and sound elements.
- Logic: Games to exercise the capacity to match, reasoning and deduction.
- Orientation: Games to develop the ability to position and move in space.
- Language: Games to exercise language skills: reading, understanding and writing.
- Music: Games to stimulate the ability to hear and remember sounds or melodies.
“We’re very excited to launch White Siberia 1.0, the first of 8 apps from the iOS collection, The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot,” says Toni Matas, CEO of BCNmultimedia. “Our team has been working for a whole year on the release of The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot, which is a new approach to the values that define our company’s publisher policy. There are a total of 8 apps in the collection that will be released on a monthly basis between April and November of 2014. Each app is an exciting and fun cartoon adventure that incorporates challenging puzzles that entertain and educate. The pictures and game ideas were created by worldwide acclaimed comic book artist Picanyol who also provided the illustrations for our Children’s Bible app. We’re inviting players to experience the first level of 6 games for free with additional levels available as in-app purchases.”
- iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini or iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6 or later
- 75 MB
Pricing and Availability
White Siberia 1.0 – The Adventures of Naomi and the Pilot is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Premium content is available as an in-app purchase and is priced $2.99 USD (or equivalent in other currencies).
- Video Release: http://bit.ly/naomigames
- Screenshots: http://www.naomiandthepilot.com/press/SB_screenshots.zip
- Icon: http://www.naomiandthepilot.com/press/SB_Icon.png
- Web: http://www.naomiandthepilot.com